You are here
The emphasis of my current research is on information processing in the visual system. Specifically, I am concerned with the relationship between low level sensory processes, higher level visual cognition, and sensorimotor integration.My goal is to answer the question how complex scenes and objects are perceived in a natural environment, how they are represented in the brain, and how the visual information is used to drive the motor system.
- Toscani, M., Valsecchi, M. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2013) Optimal sampling of visual information for lightness judgments. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 110(27), 11163-11168.
- Schütz, A.C., Trommershäuser, J.T. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2012) Dynamic integration of information about salience and value for saccadic eye movements. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 109(19), 7547-7552.
- Trommershäuser, J., Glimcher, P.W. & Gegenfurtner , K.R. (2009) Visual Processing, Learning and Feedback in the Primate Eye Movement System. Trends in Neurosciences, 32, 583-590.
- Schütz, A.C., Braun, D.I., Kerzel, D. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008) Improved visual sensitivity during smooth pursuit eye movements. Nature Neuroscience, 11, 1211-1216.
- White, B.J., Stritzke, M. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008) Saccadic facilitation in natural backgrounds. Current Biology, 18, 124-128.
- Hansen, T., Olkkonen, M., Walter, S. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2006) Memory modulates color appearance. Nature Neuroscience, 9, 1367-1368.
- Kerzel, D. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2003) Neuronal processing delays are compensated in the sensorimotor branch of the visual system. Current Biology, 1975-1978.
- Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2003) Cortical mechanisms of colour vision. Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 4, 563-572.
- Gegenfurtner, K.R. & Kiper, D.C. (2003) Color vision. Annual Review of Neuroscience, 26, 181-206.